What our clients say
BMW AG, Germany
Hydrogen Storage Development
EducationMassachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S. in Physics (2004), M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (2006)
- 2006-2010 BMW AG, Munich, Germany, Hydrogen Fuel Tank Development: System, thermal and CFD Simulations, participation in HySim project
- 2004-2006 MIT Bioinstrumentation Lab: Development of high-speed needle-free injection system
- DE102007057979 (A1), Tobias Brunner and Atanas Pavlov, 2009-06-04, Cryogenic hydrogen filling method for storage container i.e. cryogenic tank, of motor vehicle, involves re-cooling hydrogen using suitable cooling potential, supplying residual gas and supplying large portion of gas into tank
- DE102007023821 (A1), Tobias Brunner and Atanas Pavlov, 2008-11-27, Method for filling cryogenic hydrogen tank on vehicle has residual gas tapped off to be conditioned at lower temperature before returning to cool the tank prior to filling with fresh gas
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Dr. (PhD), Mathematical Modelling and Applications (2013)
- Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", B.S. in Informatics (2004), M.S. in Informatics (2008)
Previous work2003-2010 Mapex JSC, Sofia, Bulgaria, GIS software development
- Borisov, M. K., N. S. Dimitrova, M. I. Krastanov. Global asymptotic stability of a functional differential model with time delay of an anaerobic biodegradation process. Sedica Journal of Computing, 2017
- Borisov, M., Dimitrova, N., Simeonov, I.. Mathematical Modelling of Anaerobic Digestion with Hydrogen and Methane Production. Preprints of the 6th IFAC Conference on Foundations of Systems Biology in Engineering The International Federation of Automatic Control Magdeburg, Germany, October 9-12, 2016, 49, 26, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 2016, DOI:10.1016/j.ifacol.2016.12.131, 231-238
Our Quality Policy
SysMo Ltd. is wholly committed to its quality policy which is in place to ensure our services fully meet the requirements of our customers at all times. We believe in the concept of customer and supplier working together in pursuing this policy and in continually striving for improvements in service quality.
Our Quality Policy is based on 2 fundamental principles:
- Ensuring that we fully identify and conform to the needs of our customers.
- Looking at our service provision processes, identifying the potential for errors and taking the necessary actions to eliminate them.
Within this policy we are committed to operating our Company under the disciplines and control of a Quality Management System conforming to the International Standard IS0 9001:2015.
To ensure that the policy is successfully implemented, staff are responsible for identifying customer requirements, and ensuring that the correct procedures are followed to meet those requirements.